Friday, July 07, 2006

Quick notes on our arrival in Defiance, OH

We have arrived in Defiance and are going to go see the new "Pirates" movie, so I'll only add a few quick notes right now and add more later.
 
One thing I forgot to mention was that we had our first true tire casualty, a few days ago as we were leaving Westlake. We had stopped to use the bathroom and I decided to check the odd, rhythmic bump I was feeling in my rear tire - usually that's a very bad thing, but it was mild and I thought maybe I had something stuck to my tire. Turns out the sidewall tread was beginning to separate. We replaced that tire with one of the spares we had purchased in Burlington. Now we are down to one spare, and are checking shops as we go to see if they have any Continental Top Touring 2000's or an equivalent (26"). If anyone knows where to put their hands on one, we'd gladly buy it and let you know where to send it.
 
We got Kim's cookies, and they are going fast.
 
We stuck around our room this morning so we could watch the Tour coverage live, in case we were somewhere we couldn't see it tonight. Like here. I don't want ANYONE telling us the time trial results from Saturday (tomorrow) until we have had a chance to check to see if we'll be able to see it ourselves.
 
OK, have to go now. We'll add more later. Matthew

No comments: